Acerbis off-road skid plates provide protection for the engine cases and frame rails. The extended coverage of the off-road version provides additional protection to the ignition cover and the water pump area on most applications.
- Simple mounting system makes installation, cleaning, and maintenance (like oil changes ) a snap.
- Snug fit prevents mud/dirt/rock/debris from building up between the skid plate and the motor.
- Less expensive than many other aluminum and carbon fiber units.
- Much quieter than aluminum skid plates; does not vibrate during idle or resonate after a rock ding.
- Does not affect frame rigidity/flex.
- Allows engine to run cooler.
- Constructed of lightweight polypropylene.